Thursday, April 7, 2011

My First Love Affair with New York City: The History and the Lights

My first view of Times Square


  We got to see Wicked but I plan on seeing all of these shows in the future




The Forever21 in Times Square was 4 stories...I fell in love



Do not attempt surfing on the NYC Subway it doesn't work...at all





Yes I'm scared of heights and yes I went to the top of the Empire State Building...all 80+ stories





The great view made me forget to drop a penny off the side


And now some history: this is the boat many of our ancestors rode for weeks to get to the U.S.


This is the sight the immigrants saw in the distance telling them they could finally be free


Immigrants entered the U.S. through Ellis Island, it is today as it was decades ago, a timeless representation of diversity and freedom

The Statue of Liberty was huge and majestic


A blue lady liberty represents freedom even against a blood red war torn sky



I was amazed by the architecture inside St. Patrick's Cathedral, I couldn't stop looking up




THAT'S A GRAVEYARD and its massive...literally miles long...my last view out of New York  

No comments:

Post a Comment